July 14, 2002
Stop the rollercoaster...oh, you did!
We now have a house to move to again.
Severe financial finagling involved, as it was quite a bit more than we were hoping for, so our bank lost out, but key features include:
- 2 RJ45 network points in every room and patching in the basement
- Semi-detached - with the right handedness so that all the rooms we want to put musical instruments in are on the *outside* rather than next to the neighbours
- Beautiful walk through Epping Forest on the way to the station in the morning
- Nice short walk back from station along main roads in the evening
- Big room for the studio
- Big room for guests
- Space to put a piano - much needed after the Banff trip as all who heard me whining on will remember
- The biggest and fabbest kitchen in the world
- Did I mention the network?
Bizarrely the usually wonderful First Direct didn't come through for us. After a bit of poking around on a mortgage broker's site we found this lot. Mac un-friendly their site may be, but their generosity with money was the complete opposite. They'd lend us truly scary amounts. I mention this purely so fellow oh-fuck-how-will-I-cope Londoners know of this escape route.
We're going off to see the current owners at 2pm today to talk everything through. No doubt there will be more over-excited posts after that...
Posted by Tom Dolan at July 14, 2002 05:53 AM
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Post a comment
Thanks for signing in, . Now you can comment. (sign out)(If you haven't left a comment here before, you may need to be approved by the site owner before your comment will appear. Until then, it won't appear on the entry. Thanks for waiting.)